Having a healthy mouth gives children a better chance of having good overall health. Poor oral health often interferes with a child's ability to take in the right nutrition, speak properly or maintain a positive self image. Pediatric dentistry dedicated to the oral health of children from infancy through the teen years. Children begin to get their milky teeth during the first 6 months of life. By age 6 or 7 years, they start to lose their first set of teeth, which eventually are replaced by permanent teeth. Without proper dental care, children could get oral decay and disease that can cause a lifetime of pain and complication.
We provide comprehensive oral health care that includes the following:
- Preventive dental care including cleaning and polishing, fluoride treatments, fissure sealant, as well as nutrition and diet recommendations.
- Early assessment and treatment for straightening teeth and correcting an improper bite (orthodontics)
- Infant oral health exams, which include risk assessment for caries
- Repair of tooth cavities or defects
- Management of oral habits and oral health education
Parents can help kids by providing them with a well-balanced diet which is low in sugar and acid. Preventive dentistry for children, in addition to regular dental visits, requires parental involvement with daily oral care at home.